The Montgomery AFCEA Chapter Education Foundation continues to extend its efforts to promote IT integration in classrooms across the River Region as well as to recognize hardworking students and teachers through a variety of scholarships, grants and other distinguished awards.
The mission of the Foundation is to support development of engineers and technical personnel through selective motivational awards, prizes and scholarships, grants for educational activities of unique and high value and professional educational programs. The Foundation actively promotes opportunities for persons from groups under-represented in the fields of its interests.
Some of the Education Foundation’s outreach activities include:
Recap of Achievements: 2012
- Raised approximately $150,000 during annual MITS Conference in 2012, plus an additional $18,000 during our annual Awards Dinner
- Over $30,000 in Chapter Initiative Grants divided among Macon County and Montgomery Public Schools
- Over $20,000 supporting the Robotics Program at local Wetumpka High School and Macon County Public Schools
- Awarded $30,000 in college scholarships to local area college rising seniors
- Sponsored 3 interns at local DoD IT companies providing grants for future educational needs