About AFCEA International
The Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) is one of the world's premiere professional societies.
Established in 1946, AFCEA provides an ethical forum for advancing professional knowledge and relationships in the fields of communications, IT, intelligence, and global security. With over 33,000 members on four continents, AFCEA is comprised of political, military, education and industry leaders. There are 140 different AFCEA chapters in over 30 countries.
AFCEA offers numerous opportunities to network by attending our conferences, exhibitions, and symposia throughout the year. These activities are hosted both by AFCEA International and our local chapters. Our online social networking venues offer virtual contact and relationship development as well. All members receive a subscription to SIGNAL Magazine (our premier professional journal of communications, electronics, intelligence and information systems). Additionally, membership entitles you to discounted rates for conference and event registrations and continuing education courses offered through the AFCEA Educational Foundation's Professional Development Center.
About the Montgomery AFCEA Chapter
The Montgomery AFCEA Chapter is the premiere information technology organization in the River Region. Our members work hard to create a positive impact in the Montgomery area by raising funds that are used for individual scholarships and internships, technology grants to local schools, and investment in regional initiatives to help build a world class technical workforce. They also enjoy networking opportunities with Montgomery industry, military and academic leaders at our events and Chapter meetings. Many of our members also take advantage of the numerous leadership opportunities within the Chapter management structure, experiencing great personal satisfaction and unmatched professional and career development.
The Montgomery Chapter is part of the Mid-South Region of AFCEA International, headed by Regional Vice President Tom Gwaltney. Tom is one of our Chapter's longest serving members, and remains a faithful and key supporter of the Montgomery Chapter. He rose through the ranks to serve as Chapter President for two years and then was instrumental in creating the Montgomery AFCEA Educational Foundation, serving as its founding Director for many years. He has been Mid-South Regional Vice President since 2003.
Montgomery AFCEA Chapter members enjoy the many benefits of membership in AFCEA International, including the following:
- Receive SIGNAL Magazine - The premier professional journal of communications, electronics, intelligence and information systems.
- 140 Chapters worldwide provide access to an extensive network of IT, communications, intelligence and homeland security professionals.
- Career strategy assistance: Career transition seminars, FREE on-line resume posting service, access to AFCEA corporate members' job postings.
- Access to AFCEA's Professional Development Center - advanced education and training in communications, intelligence and information systems.
- Awards and scholarship programs for recognition of professional and academic accomplishments.
- Discount on tuition for Carnegie Mellon IT Certification Courses.
- Discount on purchase of Dell on-line training opportunities.
- Discount on purchase of HP products.
- Discount on purchase of Dell products. (U.S. members only)
- Eligibility for membership in the Pentagon Federal Credit Union. (U.S. Citizens only)
If this sounds like the right career and professional choice for you, follow the Website menu to the AFCEA Membership page to begin the process of becoming a Montgomery AFCEAN.
Local Mailing Address:
Montgomery AFCEA Chapter
4319 Atlanta Highway, PMB 155
Montgomery, AL 36109
Chapter Email Address: